Saturday, July 11, 2009

Waiting For My Life To Begin


One of my favorite books is…"Oh, the Places You’ll Go!" by Dr. Seuss. This book imparts truth and wisdom brilliantly.

Excerpt…

The Waiting Place…for people just waiting. Waiting for a train to go

or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go

or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for Yes or No

or waiting for their hair to grow.

Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting to fly a kite or waiting around for Friday night

or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break

or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.

Everyone is just waiting.

NO!

That’s not for you!

Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying. You’ll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing.

…And will you succeed?

Yes! You will, indeed!

(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU’LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

…Your mountain is waiting.

So…get on your way!

-Dr. Seuss

This excerpt has always resonated with me because I used to spend my time waiting, too. I was waiting for my life to begin. Each day was leading to a better day, and in my imaginary future I would be happy and fulfilled. One day, everything changed, more accurately I changed. I stopped waiting. It was as if an angel touched me with the awareness that each moment is sacred and all I truly have is the present moment. The preciousness of life unfolded before me, and embraced me. Each morning I began to ask, “What will I choose to do with my precious moments? Live from my Love or live from my fear?”

What if you believed your life was precious; that all life is precious? How would your life change?

This is the question we all must ask ourselves.

0 comments: